Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills.
• AB 988 by Assemblymember Brian W. Jones (R-Santee) – New Motor Vehicle Board: all-terrain vehicles: recreational off-highway vehicles.
• AB 1438 by Assemblymember Eric F. Linder (R-Corona) – Sex offenders: certificates of rehabilitation.
• AB 1597 by the Committee on Agriculture – Food and agriculture.
• AB 1669 by Assemblymember Donald P. Wagner (R-Irvine) – Speed limits: Orange Park Acres: equestrian trails.
• AB 1843 by Assemblymember Brian W. Jones (R-Santee) – Child custody evaluations: confidentiality.
• AB 1858 by Assemblymember Henry T. Perea (D-Fresno) – Commercial law: secured transactions.
• AB 1886 by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman (D-Stockton) – Medical Board of California.
• AB 1912 by Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena) – Pupil instruction: history-social science framework: election of President Barack Obama.
• AB 1937 by Assemblymember Richard S. Gordon (D-Menlo Park) – Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act of 2011: school and hospital notification of nonemergency excavation or construction of gas pipelines.
• AB 1974 by Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward) – Health facilities: special services.
• AB 1995 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-San Rafael) – Community service districts: covenants, conditions, and restrictions: enforcement.
• AB 2137 by Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward) – Energy efficiency programs: information available for small businesses.
• AB 2239 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Arcata) – Forest practices: management plans: change of ownership.
• AB 2393 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-Rafael) – Vehicle registration fees.
• AB 2395 by Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) – Oxnard Harbor District: infrastructure projects: funding.
• AB 2470 by Assemblymember Rudy Salas (D-Bakersfield) – California Seed Law.
• AB 2540 by Assemblymember Matt Dababneh (D-Encino) – Real estate licenses.
• AB 2634 by Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Civil rights.
• AB 2744 by the Committee on Labor and Employment – Public works: apprenticeship program.
• AB 2753 by the Committee on Housing and Community Development – Housing.
• AB 2761 by the Committee on Utilities and Commerce – Public Utilities Commission: report: renewable energy resources.
• SB 962 by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) – Smartphones.
• SB 1291 by Senator Jim W. Nielsen (R-Gerber) – Public cemetery districts: Halcumb Cemetery District.
• SB 1399 by Senator Cathleen Galgiani (D-Stockton) – Agricultural seed: county seed enforcement subventions.
• SB 1400 by Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) – Community colleges: protective orders.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bill.
• SB 1337 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Reports. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov