Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills.
• AB 32 by Assemblymember John A. Pérez (D-Los Angeles) – Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments.
• AB 217 by Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
• AB 270 by Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Public utilities: ratepayer-funded energy efficiency assistance.
• AB 327 by Assemblymember Henry T. Perea (D-Fresno) – Electricity: natural gas: rates: net energy metering: California Renewables Portfolio Standard Program. A signing message can be found here.
• AB 415 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Solar energy: water heating.
• AB 417 by Assemblymember Jim L. Frazier (D-Oakley) – Environmental quality: California Environmental Quality Act: bicycle transportation plan.
• AB 576 by Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella) – Revenue Recovery and Collaborative Enforcement Team Act: pilot program. A signing message can be found here.
• AB 650 by Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) – State government: general services: Natural Gas Services Program.
• AB 719 by Assemblymember Roger Hernández (D-West Covina) – Energy: energy efficiency: street light pole.
• AB 796 by Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi (D-Torrance) – Advanced electrical distributed generation technology.
• AB 924 by Assemblymember Frank Bigelow (R-O’Neals) – Grand theft.
• AB 979 by Assemblymember Shirley N. Weber (D-San Diego) – Peace officers: Maritime Peace Officer Standards Training Act of 2013.
• AB 1000 by Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – Physical therapists: direct access to services: professional corporations.
• AB 1060 by Assemblymember Steve Fox (D-Palmdale) – Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission.
• AB 1132 by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman (D-Stockton) – Agriculture: livestock drugs and commercial feed.
• AB 1319 by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman (D-Stockton) – Agriculture.
• SB 298 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) – Local government: supplemental law enforcement services.
• SB 365 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Jail construction: funding.
• SB 562 by Senator Cathleen Galgiani (D-Stockton) – Dentists: mobile or portable dental units.
• SB 667 by Senator Richard D. Roth (D-Riverside) – Retail sale of shelled eggs.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills.
• AB 571 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Los Angeles) – Agricultural pest control: citrus disease prevention. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1200 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-San Rafael) – Recycled water: agricultural irrigation impoundments: pilot project. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1235 by Assemblymember Richard S. Gordon (D-Menlo Park) – Local agencies: financial management training. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1401 by the Committee on Judiciary – Jury duty: eligibility. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.