Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills.
• AB 234 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Los Angeles) – Claims against the state: payment.
• AB 351 by Assemblymember Tim M. Donnelly (R-Twin Peaks) – Civil liberties: suspension of habeas corpus for American citizens.
• AB 511 by Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Income taxes: voluntary contributions: American Red Cross, California Chapters Fund.
• AB 619 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Court facilities.
• AB 630 by Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena) – Architects.
• AB 648 by Assemblymember Reginald Jones-Sawyer (D-Los Angeles) – Court reporters.
• AB 681 by Assemblymember Melissa Melendez (R-Lake Elsinore) – Spousal support.
• AB 884 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – County Board of Parole Commissioners: parole terms.
• AB 934 by Assemblymember Ken Cooley (D-Rancho Cordova) – Local agencies: unclaimed money.
• AB 971 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Public agency employers: paratransit providers: criminal history information.
• AB 989 by Assemblymember Kevin Mullin (D-South San Francisco) – State teachers' retirement: account statements.
• AB 1004 by Assemblymember Adam Gray (D-Merced) – Criminal procedure.
• AB 1116 by Assemblymember Isadore Hall III (D-Compton) – Alcoholic beverages: licensees.
• AB 1245 by Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella) – Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
• AB 1425 by the Committee on Governmental Organization – Alcoholic beverages.
• SB 203 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Local transportation funds: Ventura County.
• SB 243 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) – Professional clinical counselors.
• SB 255 by Senator Anthony J. Cannella (R-Ceres) – Disorderly conduct: invasion of privacy.
• SB 318 by Senator Jerry Hill (D-San Mateo) – Consumer loans: Pilot Program for Increased Access to Responsible Small Dollar Loans.
• SB 416 by Senator Carol Liu (D-La Canada Flintridge) – Surplus residential property.
• SB 493 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-West Covina) – Pharmacy practice.
• SB 563 by Senator Cathleen Galgiani (D-Stockton) – Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development: hospital construction.
• SB 679 by Senator Tom Berryhill (R-Modesto) – Licensees: reporting requirements.
• SB 814 by the Committee on Natural Resources and Water - Natural resources: administration.
• SB 821 by the Committee on Business, Professions and Economic Development – Healing arts.
• SB 823 by the Committee on Business, Professions and Economic Development – Professions and vocations: licensure.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills.
• AB 374 by Assemblymember Donald P. Wagner (R-Irvine) – Eminent domain: compensation: loss of goodwill. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 399 by Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-Los Angeles) – California Prompt Payment Act. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.