Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 491 by Assemblymember Fiona Ma (D-South San Francisco) – General acute care hospitals: cardiac catheterization.
• AB 633 by Assemblymember Kristin Olsen (R-Modesto) – California State University: acquisition or replacement of motor vehicles.
• AB 1225 by the Committee on Veterans Affairs – Cemeteries: veteran's commemorative property.
• AB 1404 by Assemblymember Mike Feuer (D-Los Angeles) – Vehicles: additional registration fees: vehicle-theft crimes.
• AB 1575 by Assemblymember Ricardo Lara (D-South Gate) – Pupil fees.
• AB 1585 by Assemblymember John A. Pérez (D-Los Angeles) – Community development.
• AB 1640 By Assemblymember Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles) – CalWORKs benefits: pregnant mothers.
• AB 1672 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Housing-Related Parks Program.
• AB 1699 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Affordable housing.
• AB 1700 by Assemblymember Betsy Butler (D-Marina Del Rey) – Property taxation: change in ownership: exclusion: cotenancy interests.
• AB 1733 by Assemblymember Dan Logue (R-Chico) – Health.
• AB 1779 by Assemblymember Cathleen Galgiani (D-Tracy) – Intercity rail agreements.
• AB 1845 by Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana) – Unemployment compensation benefits: overpayment assessments: termination: income tax withholding.
• AB 1951 by Assemblymember Toni Atkins (D-San Diego) – Housing bonds.
• AB 2259 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) – Infrastructure financing districts: America's Cup and waterfront district venues.
• AB 2303 by the Committee on Insurance – Insurance omnibus.
• AB 2322 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) – California Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
• AB 2323 by Assmeblymember Henry Perea (D-Fresno) – State Board of Equalization: administration: opinions.
• SB 122 by Senator Curren D. Price (D-Los Angeles) – Healing Arts.
• SB 760 by Senator Elaine Alquist (D-Santa Clara) – Sexually violent predators: evaluations.
• SB 874 by Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) – School districts: community college districts: parcel taxes: exemptions.
• SB 996 by the Committee on Public Employment and Retirement – County Employees Retirement Law of 1937: heart trouble presumption.
• SB 1225 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) – Intercity rail agreements.
• SB 1274 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Healing arts: hospitals: employment.
• SB 1408 by Senator Sam Blakeslee (R-San Luis Obispo) – Bar pilots: Monterey Bay and the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun.
• SB 1466 by Senator Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles) – Peace officers: City of Los Angeles.
• SB 1524 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Los Angeles) – Nursing.
• SB 1527 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) – Board of Behavioral Sciences: licensing.
• SB 1529 by Senator Elaine Alquist (D-Santa Clara) – Medi-Cal: providers: fraud.
• SB 1575 by the Committee on Business, Professions and Economic Development – Professions and vocations.
• SB 1580 by the Committee on Governmental Organization – State surplus property: armories: sales.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 294 by Assemblymember Anthony Portantino (D-Pasadena) – Transportation projects: procurement: design-sequencing. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 345 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Redevelopment. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1963 by Assemblymember Alyson Huber (D-El Dorado Hills) – Income taxes: sales and use taxes: Legislative Analyst's Office: report. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2054 by Assemblymember Paul Fong (D-Mountain View) – Elections: vote by mail ballots. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2144 by Assemblymember John A. Pérez (D-Los Angeles) – Local government: infrastructure and revitalization financing districts. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2442 by Assemblymember Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara) – State property: California Hope Public Trust. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2551 by Assemblymember Ben Hueso (D-Chula Vista) – Infrastructure financing districts: renewable energy zones. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 214 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Infrastructure financing districts: voter approval: repeal. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1030 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Redevelopment Property Tax Trust Fund allocations: excess Educational Revenue Augmentation Fund moneys. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1156 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Sustainable Communities Investment Authority. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1160 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) – Communications: service interruptions. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1258 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Department of Veterans Affairs: monitoring outcomes for veterans: Director of Employment Development: disclosure of information. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.