Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 374 by Assemblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) – Funeral directors and embalmers.
• AB 441 by Assemblymember William Monning (D-Carmel) – Transportation planning.
• AB 492 by Assemblymember Cathleen Galgiani (D-Tracy) – Public transportation agencies: administrative penalties.
• AB 573 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Eureka) – Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions.
• AB 1325 by Assemblymember Ricardo Lara (D-South Gate) – Business filings: fictitious business name statements.
• AB 1799 by Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Inglewood) – Pupil records: pupil transfers.
• AB 2030 by Assemblymember Kristin Olsen (R-Modesto) – Building standards: press boxes.
• AB 2237 by Assemblymember William Monning (D-Carmel) – Contractors: definition.
• AB 2285 by Assemblymember Mike Eng (D-Monterey Park) – Peace officer testing: cheating.
• AB 2291 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Vehicles: advertising signs.
• AB 2349 by Assemblymember Brian Nestande (R-Palm Desert) – Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions: advertising.
• AB 2477 by Assemblymember Martin Garrick (R-Carlsbad) – Vehicles: commercial vehicles: video event recorders.
• AB 2488 by Assemblymember Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara) – Vehicles: buses: length limitations.
• AB 2531 by Assemblymember Michael Allen (D-Santa Rosa) – State hospitals: prohibited items. A signing message can be found here.
• AB 2612 by Assemblymember Katcho Achadjian (R-San Luis Obispo) – Courts: witness fees.
• SB 736 by Senator Anthony Cannella (R-Ceres) – County road commissioner: Merced County.
• SB 803 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – California Youth Leadership Project.
• SB 875 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) – Real estate licensees.
• SB 1088 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) – Pupils: readmission
• SB 1158 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) – Income taxes: administration.
• SB 1186 by Senator Darrel Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Disability access.
• SB 1219 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Recycling: plastic bags.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 18 by Assemblymember Julia Brownley (D-Santa Monica) – Education finance: California Task Force on School Finance. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1050 by Senator Elaine Alquist (D-Santa Clara) – Autism: telehealth task force. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.