Governor Brown Takes Action to Boost Public Health
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has taken action on legislation to improve the health and wellbeing of Californians.
The following bills have been signed by Governor Brown:
• AB 300 by Assemblymember Fiona Ma (D-San Francisco) – Safe Body Art Act.
• AB 499 by Assemblymember Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) – Minors: medical care: consent.
• AB 673 by Assemblymember John A. Pérez (D-Los Angeles) – Office of Multicultural Health: LGBT communities.
• AB 989 by Assemblymember Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles) – Mental health: children's services.
• AB 1296 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Health Care Eligibility, Enrollment, and Retention Act.
• AB 1297 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Eureka) – Medi-Cal: mental health.
• AB 1329 by Assemblymember Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles) – Ken Maddy California Cancer Registry.
• AB 1382 by Assemblymember Roger Hernandez (D-Baldwin Park) – HIV counselors.
• SB 51 by Senator Elaine K. Alquist (D- Santa Clara) – Health care coverage.
• SB 100 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) – Healing arts.
• SB 431 by Senator Bill Emmerson (R-Riverside) – Pharmacies: regulation.
• SB 695 by Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) – Medi-Cal: county juvenile detention facilities.
• SB 746 by Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) –Tanning facilities.
• SB 866 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Los Angeles) – Health care coverage: prescription drugs.
• SB 930 by Senator Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa) – In-home supportive services: enrollment and fingerprinting requirements.
• SB 946 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Health care coverage: mental illness: pervasive developmental disorder or autism: public health. A signing message can be found here.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• SB 408 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Los Angeles) – Health facilities: licensure. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 442 by Senator Ronald Calderon (D-Montebello) – Hospitals: interpreters. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 791 by Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – Health care: mammograms. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.