Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 436 by Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana) – Public works: labor compliance.
• AB 536 by Assemblymember Fiona Ma (D-San Francisco) – Physicians and surgeons.
• AB 655 by Assemblymember Mary Hayashi (D-Hayward) – Healing arts: peer review.
• SB 146 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) – Healing arts: professional clinical counselors.
• SB 194 by Committee on Government and Finance – Local government: omnibus bill.
• SB 337 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) – Tenancy: political signs.
• SB 363 by Senator Bill Emmerson (R-Riverside) – Marriage and family therapists.
• SB 540 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) – Dentistry.
• SB 658 by Senator Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Chino) – Licensed funeral establishments: price list: Internet posting.
• SB 704 by Senator Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Chino) – Healing arts: licensees: Board of Behavioral Sciences.
• SB 824 by Senator Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Chino) – Opticians: regulation.
The following bill has a signing message attached:
• SB 769 by Senator Jean Fuller (R-Bakersfield) – Mountain lions: display, exhibition, or storage. A signing message can be found here.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• SB 671 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) – Shorthand reporters: continuing education requirements. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.