Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 84 by Assemblymember Paul Fong (D-Mountain View) – Elections: new citizens.
• AB 413 by Assemblymember Mariko Yamada (D-Davis) – Elections: all-mailed ballot elections.
• AB 459 by Assemblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) – Electoral college: interstate compact.
• AB 461 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Martinez) – Write-in candidates.
• AB 503 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Processing write-in votes.
• AB 1343 by Assemblymember Paul Fong (D-Mountain View) – Vote by mail: procedures: permanent vote by mail voters: failure to return ballot.
• AB 1357 by Assemblymember Sandre Swanson (D-Oakland) – Voter registration.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• AB 1395 by Assemblymember Sandre Swanson (D-Oakland) – Public employment. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.