Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 140 by Assemblymember Felipe Fuentes (D-Los Angeles) – Claims against the state: payment.
• AB 141 by Assemblymember Felipe Fuentes (D-Los Angeles) – Jurors: electronic communications.
• AB 364 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Martinez) – Restitution: asset seizures: fraud and embezzlement.
• AB 1026 by Assemblymember Stephen Knight (R-Lancaster) – Assault: force likely to produce great bodily injury.
• AB 1133 by Assemblymember Jim Silva (R-Huntington Beach) – Grand jurors: conflict of interest.
• AB 1349 by Assemblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) – Paternity: conflicting presumptions.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 201 by Assemblymember Betsy Butler (D-Torrance) – Veterans courts. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 312 by Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) – Civil rights: homeless persons. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.