Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 167 by Assemblymember Paul Cook (R-Yucaipa) – California Stolen Valor Act.
• AB 173 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) – Armenian Genocide victims.
• AB 614 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Martinez) – School attendance review boards: member composition.
• AB 746 by Assemblymember Nora Campos (D-San Jose) – Pupils: cyber bullying.
• AB 840 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Employee Housing Act: agricultural land use.
• AB 876 by Assemblymember David Valadao (R-Hanford) – In-Home Supportive Services program.
• SB 101 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Athlete agents: conflicts of interest.
• SB 150 by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana) – Common interest developments.
• SB 221 by Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – Small claims court: jurisdiction.
• SB 279 by Senator Bill Emmerson (R-Riverside) – Business: self-service storage facilities.
• SB 288 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) – Local government: independent special districts.
• SB 291 by Senator Juan Vargas (D-San Diego) – Bail.
• SB 373 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Retirement: Contra Costa County.
• ABX1 29 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – State responsibility areas: fire prevention fees. A signing message can be found here.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• ABX1 34 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – State Controller: property tax postponement. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.